Welcome to

PG & Research Department of Chemistry

Academics >PG & Research Department of Chemistry

About Department

The Department of Chemistry was established during the Academic year of 1955 - 56 as Natural Sciences. The main objective of the department is to improve the quality of education and experimental study among the students in the delta and littoral districts such as Thanjavur, Nagapattinam, Thiruvarur, Pudukkottai, and Ramnadu. Almost all the students are poor with minimum marks and are coming from backward areas, villages and from fisherman communities inhabiting in and around the delta and coastal areas. Our department has been providing ample opportunities to the students especially from other states like Andra Pradesh and Kerala ever since its inception. B.Sc. Chemistry was introduced in 1965. The postgraduate program was introduced in 1986. The Chemistry department was promoted as research department after the introduction of Ph.D. in 2000 and M.Phil. in 2003.

Programmes

  • B.Sc.
  • M.Sc.
  • M.Phil.
  • Ph.D.
  • Faculty Members